Waxing eyebrows is an easy and affordable way to make your eyes look awake and stunning. Generally, it is safe even when done at home, but sometimes it can run you into situations where you have to be careful dealing.
It is common, especially when waxing on your own, that some of the wax gets into your eyelashes. As the lashes are delicate, it becomes tricky to get off the wax from them.
You can get the wax off your eyelashes by freezing or dissolving it away by employing a few simple yet practical techniques, which I have explained further in this article.
Eyelashes are softer compared to other body hair. So, they take extra care while removing the wax from them. I have detailed a few simple yet effective ways to help you get wax off your lashes without any damage.
What Is The Best Way To Remove Wax From Eyelashes?
When waxing your eyebrows, especially from the lower side near your eyelashes, the wax accidentally drops onto your lashes. Removing it can be tricky, but you don’t have to panic.
Otherwise, you may also wax your eyelashes when trying to pull wax out using your fingers or lash brush.
However, you can use your fingers to get wax off your lashes before it hardens or set. But you need to be gentle. If you can’t remove it with your fingers, the following ways will help you do that easily.
1. Use Wet Washrag and Baby Oil To Get Wax Off Eyelashes
You can use a warm washrag and lay it on your lashes for a few minutes to loosen the wax. Subsequently, take a cotton swab and wet it with baby or olive oil to get wax off your lashes. Be gentle while rubbing your lashes to avoid any repercussions.
We have broken the process into the following steps for your better understanding.
- Take a washrag and soak it in hot water.
- Press it gently against your eyelashes containing wax for about five minutes. It will loosen the wax.
- Take a cotton swab and wet it with baby oil.
- Gently rub the wax off your eyelashes.
If you want everything to go smooth and easy, try applying a slightly warm baby or olive before using the washrag. It will further loosen the wax. When the wax is completely removed from your lashes, wash them with eyelash shampoo or other gentle cleansing agents.
2. Employ a Hairdryer to Remove Wax from Your Eyelashes
The wax becomes challenging to remove from eyelashes when it hardens on them. To remove it, you will need a way to melt it away while not damaging your lashes. Using a hairdryer is an easy way to soften this wax.
While removing the wax from eyelashes with the help of a hairdryer, be careful of heat. Never go too hot on your lashes because it can damage them and make them fall away.
- Apply baby oil on your eyelashes using a cotton swab.
- Use a hairdryer to heat the wax and oil.
- Baby oil getting warm with this heat will soften the wax.
- Heat alone will also be helpful, but this combination works best.
- When you feel that wax softened, get it off your eyelashes with a cotton swab or spoolie.
Before employing the heat, we used baby oil to loosen the wax because it adds to the process and makes it easy and quick. If you don’t want to use the oil, the hairdryer alone may do the job for you.
3. Ice Cubes To Freez The Wax
You can freeze the wax using ice cubes, and when it hardens, it should crack off your eyelashes. While this process is safe, you may need to press the ice against your eyelids carefully.
Using ice to remove wax is a common technique. People employ it to take the wax off the skin, cloth, and other hard places. Waxing experts also benefit if they mistakenly put wax on clients’ eyelashes when taking off extra hair around their eyebrows.
How can you use ice cubes to get wax off your eyelashes? The following steps will help your cause.
- Take a cotton pad and put it under your bottom lashes.
- Place an ice cube against the wax on your eyelashes.
- Wait for about 3 minutes until the wax gets brittle.
- Use a cotton swab to remove it gently.
Be careful while scrubbing the wax off with the cotton to evade damaging your eyelashes.
4. Use Eyelash Extension Gel Remover
The last thing you can do to remove wax from your eyelashes after trying all the above techniques is to use eyelash extension glue remover. It is safe on the skin but might dry out your lashes a bit. Also, if it gets into your eyes, you may face irritation.
So, you have to be extra careful when using it on your lashes. The techniques mentioned above work for 99% of the cases. Therefore, you might not use this method.
- Soak a cotton swab in eyelash glue remover.
- Completely close your eye.
- Press the cotton against the wax on the eyelashes gently for 2 minutes.
- Then use another fresh cotton swab to remove the loosened wax.
While this solution is devised to remove eyelash extensions gel or glue, you can also use it to remove wax. Why? It is because both gel and wax have almost the same formulations.
Getting wax off your eyelashes can be a little bit challenging. Therefore, you need to employ the proper technique for it. There are three ways to remove this wax. First, melt it away with heat or using baby oil. Second, freeze and then crack it off from your lashes. And the third one is to dissolve the wax using eyelash extensions remover. All of these methods are easy and effective.